Recipe for simple, homemade peach cobbler, featuring a gooey sweet center, a crispy top and edges and fresh juicy peaches.
Cobbler is one of my favorite ways to use fruit in dessert. This recipe has minimal ingredients and can be made and ready to be baked in just ten minutes, making it one of the simplest recipes ever! This recipe has been in my family for years and I'm excited to share it with you all. I really hope you enjoy it!
What is needed to make this peach cobbler?
- Peaches- two cups of fresh peaches are the star of this dessert
- Sugar- granulated sugar will be divided between the batter and top of the cobbler
- Flour- all purpose flour will be used in the cobbler
- Milk- whole milk is best for this recipe
- Butter- melted butter begins the cobbler
- Baking powder- to help the cobbler rise
- Vanilla- makes all desserts taste better
- Salt- to bring out all the flavors
- A 9" pie pan or casserole dish is best for this recipe
How to make it:
Start by whisking 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, salt and flour together.
Then add in the milk and vanilla bean paste and whisk until combined.
Next, melt the butter and add to the 9" pie pan, or just melt it in the pan itself. Next add the batter on top of the butter.
Place the peaches on top of the batter and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of sugar over the top of the peaches.
Finally, bake the cobbler for one hour at 350 degrees. Let it cool just slightly before serving. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
The cobbler will stay fresh for three days covered with plastic wrap. Rewarm the cobbler to enjoy the next day for the best taste!
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar divided
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups fresh, sliced peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour into a 9" pie pan.
- Whisk the flour, 1 cup of the sugar, salt and baking powder together.
- Then add in the milk and vanilla and combine.
- Pour the batter over the butter.
- Arrange the peaches over the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of sugar over the peaches.
- Bake the cobbler for 1 hour.
- Let it cool for just a few minutes before serving. Best served hot with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!