This is the best no bake chocolate tart! It has a rich chocolate ganache filling, Oreo crust and is topped with fresh berries. It's a chocolate lover’s dream!
If you're looking for another tart recipe, check out my best lemon tart or blueberry lavender white chocolate tart!
Why You'll Love This Easy No-Bake Chocolate Tart
It's so simple to make. The best part about this dark chocolate tart is that it takes only minutes to assemble and requires very few ingredients!
It's super chocolatey. The creamy chocolate filling is basically just a super thick dark chocolate ganache that completely melts in your mouth with each bite.
It has a simple Oreo crust. The crunchy chocolate crust pairs perfectly with the smooth tart filling for the best chocolate dessert!
- Oreo Cookies- used for the simple crust
- Butter- make sure it's unsalted
- Chocolate- I recommend using Ghiradelli or Lindt dark chocolate bars, either 60% or 70% cocoa, for the best tart
- Heavy Cream- used in the tart filling
- Powdered Sugar- used to sweeten the filling just a bit
- Vanilla Extract- adds a sweet note to the tart filling
- Salt- just a little bit brings out all the flavors in the tart filling
- Berries- for topping the tart with (optional)
- Cocoa Powder- for dusting (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
STEP ONE: Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Transfer the cookie crumbs to a medium bowl and mix in the melted butter.
STEP TWO: Press the crust mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Chill the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes while working on the filling.
STEP THREE: Add the chopped bittersweet chocolate to a medium bowl.
STEP FOUR: Add the heavy whipping cream, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt to a small saucepan. Heat it over medium heat just until steaming.
STEP FIVE: Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute, then stir to combine the melted chocolate and cream together until smooth.
STEP SIX: Pour the ganache filling into the prepared crust. Chill the tart in the fridge until set, about 2-3 hours.
STEP SEVEN: Dust the tart with cocoa powder. Top the tart with fresh strawberries, raspberries and chocolate shavings. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes for easier cutting, then enjoy!
How do I store this tart? Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I use a pie pan? No, an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom is necessary for this recipe. A pie pan is too deep for this recipe's small amount of filling.
Can I use chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate bars? No, I really recommend using using 60% or 70% cocoa chocolate bars, like Ghiradelli or Lindt, for the best results.
Can I use milk chocolate? No, I recommend sticking with dark chocolate. Milk chocolate has a higher fat content and will cause the filling to be runny.
What else can I top the tart with? Try salted caramel sauce, sea salt, or other fresh fruit!
Use a ¼ cup measuring cup or the back of a spoon to tightly pack the crust in.
Leave the tart uncovered as it chills.
If you make this tart please leave a star review! Also, tag me on Instagram @inbloombakery_ so I can see your creation! Follow me on Pinterest for other dessert ideas!
Other Recipes to Try
No Bake Chocolate Tart
For the Crust
- 20 Oreos
- ¼ cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Tart Filling
- 8 oz (226 g) dark chocolate (60%-70% cocoa)
- ¼ cup (32 g) powdered sugar
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon (42 g) unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- fresh berries for topping (optional)
- cocoa powder for dusting (optional)
For the Crust
- Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until finely ground.20 Oreos
- Mix in the melted butter.¼ cup (56 g) unsalted butter, melted
- Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Chill the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes while working on the filling.
For the Tart Filling
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.8 oz (226 g) dark chocolate (60%-70% cocoa)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream, butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla just until steaming.¼ cup (32 g) powdered sugar, ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream, 3 tablespoon (42 g) unsalted butter, ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute, then stir to combine until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Smooth out the ganache with a mini offset spatula.
- Let the tart chill in fridge for 2-3 hours until set. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving. Dust with cocoa powder and top with berries, then enjoy!cocoa powder for dusting (optional), fresh berries for topping (optional)
Hi Ginny, am going to bake this tart tonite but realised my tart pan is 9inches. Any suggestion how much i should add to the overall recipe? like 20% of ingredients?
Hey Karen! Yes I think increasing the ingredients by 20% should work!
Hi, do you remove the Oreo filling before you process them? Thank you!