I think cobbler is one of the best ways to turn berries, or other fruit, into a delicious dessert. This recipe I'm about to share with you is my family's recipe with just a slight adaption. It's by far the BEST cobbler recipe. It's more of a cakey cobbler, but still has a crispy top and edges. It's delicious with blueberries, other berries, peaches, and really any other fruit. I will definitely share more fruit cobblers in the future!
I think the best thing about this recipe is that it is super simple. You can have this cobbler prepared and ready to bake in about 10 minutes. I'm really excited to share this recipe with you because it is so good and everyone needs a good cobbler recipe in their life!
To make this delicious cobbler:
Melt 1 ½ sticks of butter and pour into a large casserole dish.
Combine 2 cups of sugar, 1 ½ cups of flour, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and 1 ½ cups of milk. Pour the batter over the melted butter.
Put 5 cups of blueberries over the batter. Sprinkle ½ cup to 1 cup of sugar over the blueberries, depending on how sweet you want it to be.
Bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. (You may need to cover the cobbler with aluminum foil after an hour so that the top doesn't get too brown).
Serve the cobbler hot. It's best withe vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!
- 1 ½ sticks butter
- 3 cups sugar divided
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 5 cups blueberries
- Melt the butter and pour into a large casserole dish.
- Combine flour, 2 cups of the sugar, salt, baking powder, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the batter over the butter.
- Add the blueberries on top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the blueberries.
- Bake the cobbler for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. (Cover with tinfoil after an hour or so, so it doesn't get too brown).
- Serve hot and with vanilla ice cream!