This recipe is for a moist and decadent dark chocolate Bundt cake topped with dark chocolate ganache.
About this Chocolate Bundt Cake:
This recipe is for a moist and decadent dark chocolate cake. It uses dark cocoa powder to give it dark, rich chocolate tones, and buttermilk to make it very moist. Once it is done baking it gets topped with a silky dark chocolate ganache.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- Flour- we'll be using all purpose in this cake.
- Sugar- granulated sugar is used to sweeten the cake
- Eggs- three whole eggs go in the cake.
- Buttermilk- also helps to keep the cake moist
- Cocoa powder- we'll be using dark cocoa powder to make it extra chocolatey.
- Coffee- just ½ cup will help to bring out the chocolate flavor more.
- Butter- make sure it's room temperature.
- Baking soda and baking powder- helps this cake to rise.
- Sea salt- brings out all the flavors
- Dark chocolate- for the ganache
- Heavy cream- used in the ganache
How to Make this Chocolate Bundt Cake:
Start by creaming the softened butter and sugar together. Then add in the eggs and vanilla.
Next mix in the buttermilk.
Then, in a separate bowl sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder together. Then add the flour/cocoa mixture to the wet ingredients.
Next mix and then add in the coffee and combine.
Next, pour the batter into a greased 10 cup capacity Bundt pan. The batter will be thick. Bake the cake for 52-55 minutes at 350 degrees. After baking, remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely in the pan before turning over.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
While the cake cools make the chocolate ganache by heating 1 cup of heavy cream just before boiling. Pour the cream into a bowl and add in 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes and then stir to combine. Let the ganache cool slightly before pouring over the cake.
Once the cake has cooled pour the slightly cooled chocolate ganache over it and serve. Enjoy!
If you make this please tag me on Instagram @inbloombakery_ I would love to see your creations!
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache
For the Cake
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ¾ cup cocoa powder Dutch process
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot coffee
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (60 % cocoa)
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 cup capacity Bundt pan very well and set aside. (My favorite non stick spray is the Pam baking spray with flour.)
- Cream ¾ cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add in the 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla next. Mix until light and color and slightly fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Then add in 1 ¼ cups of buttermilk and combine.
- In a medium bowl sift together 1 ¾ cups of flour, ¾ cup cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and and mix until fully combined.
- Lastly, mix in ½ cup of hot coffee.
- Then pour the batter into the greased Bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 52- 55 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let the cake cool in the pan completely.
For the Chocolate Ganache
- While the cake cools make the chocolate ganache by heating 1 cup of heavy cream just before boiling.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add in 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes and then stir to combine.
- Let the ganache cool slightly before pouring over the cake. Once the cake has cooled pour the slightly cooled chocolate ganache over it and serve. Enjoy!